- 2 Large Cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Large Can Hunts Tomato Paste
- 1 Small Can Contandina Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 Onion — I prefer Vidalia
- 1 Head Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasonings
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Large Skillet, Large Sauce Pan, Cutting board, Spatula, Wooden Spoon
Pour the cans of tomato sauce and tomato paste into the large sauce pan. Add 1/4 teaspoon of dried italian seasonings and turn stove on medium.
Cut the green bell pepper, red sweet pepper and onion into medium sized cubes. Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil and pepper and onion mix in skillet. Saute over medium heat until the onion begins to appear translucent. Add pepper mix to tomato sauce.
Peel garlic head. Mince or crush the garlic. Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in skillet. Saute — do not brown — over medium heat. Add garlic to sauce.
Let the sauce simmer for a half hour, giving it a stir every five to ten minutes.
There you have it. Nutritious and delicious spaghetti sauce. Server over the pasta of your choice.